San Antonio, TX
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a seasoned Proposal Writer to collaborate closely with our Sales Team to respond to formal RFPs, craft strategic proposals for new business opportunities, and participate in other strategic writing projects. The individual in this role will collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization to gather information, synthesize business and technical concepts, and write original language that resonates with the intended audience while maintaining the highest quality standards, and proper handling of sensitive or confidential data.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer and editor who exhibits both sound business judgment and active listening skills. The role is both strategic and tactical. The Proposal Writer will be capable of crafting compelling narrative about the big picture while being meticulous about adhering to the prospective client’s instructions. This individual must be a critical thinker who can formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create well-structured narratives which resonate with the intended audience.They will also be data-driven in their approach to writing, with a willingness to take the initiative to gather any data that is necessary to enhance the story. This role involves frequent engagement with senior stakeholders and requires a candidate with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to respond to RFPs, produce client-facing documents, and participate in other strategic projects;
- Manage the content library, refreshing content on a regular basis;
- Work with internal subject matter experts to gather information, synthesize business and technical concepts, and write original language that drives decision-making at the highest levels of client organizations;
- Participate in needs analysis and solution architecture discussions to formulate written content which resonates with potential and existing clients;
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline the narrative writing process and identify solutions to improve business processes;
- Propose and promote writing standards, and actively participate in creating mechanisms to scale writing best practices across the sales organization.
- 3+ years of experience responding to RFPs and proposals;
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University;
- Business-level English, both written and oral;
- The ability to collaborate with others and incorporate constructive feedback during the draft review process to produce superior work;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Excellent time management abilities with the ability to balance multiple priorities and prepare for the unexpected. Works well under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Agility and an openness to quickly changing course in a rapidly growing organization;
- Prior experience working in the career transition industry or the desire and initiative to learn about the industry in detail;
- Self-motivated, flexible and focused on excellence.Committed to and passionate about producing winning proposals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Proposal Writing: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time